Customers must submit a Water Application for trash service.
|One Poly Cart**
||$13.00 (fee includes $.25 bulk waste collection)
|Additional Poly Cart **
|Trash Collection- Curbside by 6 A.M.
||Every Monday (except for Christmas Day)
ONLY Poly carts from Republic Waste Mangement Services should be in use
for collection services, no personal containers.
You may include a total of up to three trash bags and/or compressed boxes (no more than 40lbs).
Newcastle does not have access to a City Landfill. Newcastle offers a
Bulk Waste Collection four time a year, February, May, August and November.
Please read below for more details pertaining to this service.
Bulk Waste Restrictions:
-maximum of 4 yards of trash will be collected
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners are accepted
- Freon has to be properly drained by a
technician, certification issued and placed on the unit
- Brush must be cut into 4 foot lengths, tied and bundled
- No pieces of concrete or rocks
- Smaller items should be placed in containers
- No large construction or demolition materials
- No hazardous waste
No batteries, paints, tires, oils or liquid substances
- No dead animal carcasses
Please contact Republic Waste Management Services 405-745-4141
The City of Newcastle has two recycling centers available:
- Fire Station 1 - 801 N. Carr (Main Street)
- Fire Station 2 - 4305 SW 44th Street (Highway 9)
- Items allowed:
- Plastics: Milk jugs, pop bottles, etc.
- Mixed Papers: Newspaper, cardboard, phone books
- Aluminum: Soup cans, pop cans
The Newcastle Public Schools have paper recycling centers which accept paper products only (no cardboard). The money generated from this recycling is given back to the Newcastle Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) for use within the school.
- Wal-Mart - 3300 Tri City Drive
- Sooner State Bank-Newcastle - 2nd & Wright
- Newcastle Middle School - 611 East Fox Lane
- Newcastle Elementary School 4th & 5th Grade Center - 400 NW 10th
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
While recycling is part of the solution for preserving landfill space and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, there are other ways to decrease the amount of waste generated at home, work and special events. Reusing reusable items and reducing the use of disposable items are actions we can all take before even considering recycling.
No recycling program is truly successful unless recyclables collected are transformed into marketable products and then purchased by you. To create a demand for recycled product, make sure to purchase paper (computer, stationery, legal, white, envelopes and newspaper) that contains recycled materials. When shopping, buy those items that say, "Made from recycled materials" and have the highest percentage of post-consumer recycled content (any material that the public has already used or recycled). Look for these recycled-content items for your home or business:
- Clothing and shoes
- Children's toys and playground equipment
- Garden tools
- Carpet and carpet pads
- Plastic lumber for planters, decks and benches
- Motor oil
- Floors and countertops
- Rain gutters
- Packaging materials
- Paper products like tissue and towels
- Cleaning supplies
- Writing or computer paper and envelopes
Here are some reusable alternatives to try:
- Use washable cloths instead of throwaway wipes
- Buy products made of recycled materials
- Buy rechargeable batteries
- Buy cloth napkins that you can wash instead of paper you throw away
- Buy washable plates and cups for picnics instead of disposables
- Buy razors with replaceable blades
- Seek out reusable or refillable containers that hold shampoo, soap, etc.
- Use plastic or glass containers with lids instead of aluminum foil, plastic bags or plastic wrap
When asked the question "Paper or plastic?" Why not bring your own reusable cloth shopping bags instead. Using a reusable cloth bag when going shopping at any store will help divert tons of unnecessary paper and plastic bags produced and disposed of everyday in landfills. Cloth bags also hold a lot more, so there are fewer trips back and forth from the car. and the cloth carrying handles are more comfortable on your hands than paper or plastic handles.
Your choices and efforts
can make a significant difference in the success of
Newcastle and our nation's recycling programs.
Please recycle !!!
top of page