The City of Newcastle Building Inspection Department is responsible for the review, permitting, and inspection of all construction projects within the city. This department enforces regulations pertaining to property maintenance and nuisance abatement, zoning compliance, historic preservation, land disturbance permits, sediment and erosion control and floodplain management. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact our Building Inspector at (405) 387-4427.
Click Here for Our Codified Ordinances
Inspection Requests - 24 Hour Notice
- We require a minimum of 24-hours notice for all inspections.
- You must contact our inspection hotline ( 405-724-2671 ) when you are ready to schedule an inspection and leave a message.
- Please supply the owners name, permit number, type of inspection needed, and the address of the building site.
- Inspections are done Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- If the work is not ready for inspection upon arrival of the inspector, a re-inspection fee may apply.
- Foundation inspection- rebar and forms in place prior to concrete installation
- Stem wall inspection- (if stem walls are installed in a separate step from slab) Rebar and forms in place prior to concrete installation
- Ground plumbing inspection- before concrete slab is installed (supply under pressure and 5’ stack on sewer)
- Sheathing inspection- after sheathing is installed before moisture barrier or cornice is installed
- Rough electrical- before framing inspection and insulation is installed
- Rough Plumbing- (top out and gas) before framing inspection and insulation is installed
- Rough mechanical- before framing inspection and insulation is installed
- Framing inspection- before insulation and drywall is installed
- Final inspections for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical- all four inspections are to be done at the same time.
All inspections, including building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing should now be scheduled through our inspection hotline at 405-724-2671. Voicemail and text messaging are supported.
Our Building Permit Fee Schedule may be found at this link.