2022 Newcastle Farmers and Artisans Market Starts Soon
Published: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
ANNOUNCING the 2022 Season of the Newcastle Farmers and Artisans Market
Saturdays at Veterans Park, 705 NW 10th
APPLY TO BE A VENDOR HERE: https://www.cognitoforms.com/CityOfNewcastle1/FarmersMarketVendorArtisanApplication2022
The Farmers Market will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the following Saturdays:
- May 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th,
- June 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th,
- July 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th,
- August 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th,
- September 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
Vendors must be set up by 7:45 a.m.
• 75% of produce must be grown/raised by the farmer
• Wholesale produce (25%) must come from farms in Oklahoma or one of the bordering states. These products must be labeled with the point of origin. No wholesale items from other wholesale sources.
• Must meet all state department of agriculture guidelines and requirements
• Oklahoma sales tax permit filed Artisans/Craftsmen:
• 75% of product needs to be handmade
• Oklahoma sales tax permit filed Bakers/Food vendors:
• Prepared foods must meet state health department and other state guidelines as required
• Oklahoma sales tax permit filed
Market Rules and Guidelines:
* Vendors must provide own tables, chairs, etc. Vendors are responsible for cleaning their area before leaving.
* Vendors will be asked to commit to attending all market dates if possible.
* In the event of inclement weather, every effort will be made to accommodate vendors at an indoor venue.
* Undercutting, hawking, and unethical soliciting of customers will not be allowed.
* Vendors are responsible for paying the appropriate sales tax to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
* The City of Newcastle and assigned staff have authority over the market.
* No live animals can be sold at the market
* Vendors will be assigned a space for the market by staff at his/her discretion. Past market participants booth location placement may be considered first.
* All City of Newcastle regulations must be followed.
* By being a farmers market vendor, you agree to follow all rules and regulations.
If you would like to be a vendor, please fill out the application at: https://www.cognitoforms.com/CityOfNewcastle1/FarmersMarketVendorArtisanApplication2022
For questions, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 405-387-4427
THERE IS NO FEE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FARMERS MARKET, BUT AN APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION.